Fire Chief’s Desk
Welcome to Our Website!
We are in the process of revising the current website in hopes of better communicating essential information to our readers. We invite you to watch the pages under construction and follow their development and we hope you will appreciate what you see.
It is an exciting time to be part of the Fort Myers Shores Fire Protection and Rescue Service District. Our community is once again growing at a robust pace in the residential communities and commercial areas of the District. With growth comes an increase in calls for service and it is the goal of your Fire Department to be prepared to meet the needs of our growing community.
Our personnel have undergone serious training in the last two years:
- All of our operations personnel are Confined Space Technicians and Rope Rescue Technicians.
- Thanks to our community partner, Florida Power and Light (FP&L), we now have a fully stocked Confined Space Rescue Trailer and we are currently in talks with FP&L to build a 3-acre training facility on their property.
- Four of our personnel are members of the Southwest Florida Urban Search and Rescue Task Force 6.
- We are a first response agency for medical and trauma emergencies and all of our operations personnel are trained to the Emergency Medical Technician level.
- We are proud that our first employee has graduated from paramedic school and we look forward to providing advanced care in the future.
Thanks to the community, our referendum to increase our ad valorem millage cap passed this year. We will continue to provide the good stewardship of your tax dollars that you have come to expect.
One of our priorities is to provide the best service possible to all areas of our District and with that goal in mind we will begin the process to develop the property at River Hall after the new fiscal year begins in October 2020. We hope to have the second station open within 24 to 36 months from that time.
Please keep an eye open for updates from the Chief’s Corner. We will be adding a link to ask me questions and we are developing a Frequently Asked Questions page that will answer some of the questions we get regularly.
I look forward to meeting you and answering any questions you have.
Chief Chris Dowaliby