The Fort Myers Shores Fire Protection and Rescue Service District Board of Fire Commissioners is governed by five elected officials who oversee the direction of the Fort Myers Shores Fire Department and ensure the proper use of taxpayer dollars for the operation of the Fort Myers Shores Fire District.
The Fire Commissioners are tasked with hiring the Fire Chief and providing the Chief with guidance and oversight. In addition, the Fort Myers Shores Fire Commissioners are responsible for setting the tax millage rate, passing the departments annual budget, and approving policies and procedures for the Fort Myers Shores Fire Department, ensuring its’ fiscal responsibility. The Fire Commissioners do not take part in the day-to-day operation of the Fire District or the hiring of additional employees. Those responsibilities belong to the Fire Chief.
The Fort Myers Shores Board of Fire Commissioners:
- Commissioner Nancy Apperson – Chairman of the Board (Email: Apperson@fmsfd.org) 2018-2022
- Commissioner Ed Kimball – Secretary/Treasurer (Email: Kimball@fmsfd.org) 2016-2020
- Commissioner Deidre Heindl (Email: Heindl@fmsfd.org) 2016-2020
- Commissioner Joe Ragen (Email: Ragen@fmsfd.org) 2018-2022
- Commissioner Jon Detzel – Vice Chairman (Email: Detzel@fmsfd.org) 2016-2020
Commissioners can be contacted via the Administrative Office at :
12345 Palm Beach Blvd., Ft. Myers, FL 33905. (239) 694-2833